As consumers of Vecova’s Aquatics, Health and Fitness, we would like to thank all of you for your continued support at this time. On March 16, 2020, Vecova suspended its aquatics, health and fitness operations to help limit the spread of COVID-19. We have continued to monitor the changing situation and wish to share our latest updates.
Aquatics, Health and Fitness: The Latest
- Aquatics, health and fitness operations will be suspended until June 30, 2020. This includes aquatics, health and fitness programs, birthday parties, physical therapy (Empower Abilities), facility rentals, preschool and children’s programs, summer camps and social and community clubs.
- Consumers who have facility rentals prior to June 30 will be contacted in the coming days.
- Membership cards and punch passes will be extended for the period equal to the duration of the suspension.
- Vecova continues to monitor and respond to the Government of Alberta, Alberta Health Services and the City of Calgary’s recommendations.
Support Us Today
A number of Vecova’s programs and services, which provide support to Calgarians with disabilities and complex medical and mental health needs, remain in operation. As with many charities and businesses at this time, cash flow is limited but the need for our services continues. There are many ways to provide support for Vecova at this time:
- Donate at vecova.ca/donate
- Help us raise awareness about Vecova’s services and programs. Share your favourite Vecova memories with us on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Once again, we would like to thank all of you for your support and understanding during this extraordinarily difficult time. Vecova will continue to do all we can for the well-being of our consumers, our employees and the public.
For the most up-to-date information, please continue to check in here:
Chief Executive Officer
Click here to view and register online for our current fitness programs and classes.
Note: adding selected classes to your wishlist will speed up the registration process.
- Online Registration System
- Adult Programs: Fitness and Wellness
- Children Programs: Play and Learn programs, Birthday parties and Empower Abilities
- Drop-In Information
- Spring/Summer 2020 Program Guide (PDF Download)
Vecova Recreation Centre is a public facility that provides recreation and leisure opportunities to Calgarians of all ages and abilities.
Our barrier-free facility in the heart of northwest Calgary features a warm 31.5° to 34.5° Celsius salt-water pool, a full size gymnasium, three studios and three multi-purpose rooms. We offer a wide variety of activities including swimming, preschool programs, birthday parties, fitness classes, day camps and more. Come and enjoy our fun, friendly atmosphere.
Vecova Recreation Centre enriches our community by providing an inclusive recreation environment for all Calgarians.