Vecova assists persons with disabilities to succeed in the workplace and to connect businesses with competent, dedicated employees.
We assist our clients to:
- identify their interests and skills and explore employment options, and
- develop job, resume and interview skills.
We offer employers access to skilled employees who are motivated and take great satisfaction in doing their jobs. Our employment specialists ensure the right job fit for both the employer and our clients and provide employment orientation and ongoing job support.
- Alberta Learning Information Services | Employing Persons with Disabilities Resources
Vecova Youth Transition and Work Experiences Supports
Vecova in partnership with Rocky View Schools provides youth with disabilities transition planning and work experience.
Youth receive employability skills assessment and training, work preparation, and work experience in their home community. Youth and families are supported to develop a vision for the future, connect with key services and supports and reduce barriers to successful transition.
Youth who meet the following criteria can be referred by their teacher:
- have an intellectual disability,
- have an Individualized Education Program Plan (IPP),
- are between the ages of 15 to 20,
- who attend Rocky View Schools,
- are experiencing barriers to employment.
Youth are supported by a job coach to:
- develop pre-employment skills such as soft skills, resume, interviewing, etc.,
- complete employability skills assessment,
- develop goals to increase employability,
- complete job exploration such as job shadowing,
- obtain work experience, paid or unpaid.
“We decided to partner with Vecova because it has a great reputation and we had a unique and hard role to fill.”
Pamela Hampel, Human Resources Manager – Critical Mass Inc.
“I must say you have some great people working for Vecova. I have never seen people work so hard! They got SO much done! Thank you for excellent help! I would recommend Vecova.”
Caroline Long, Downstream One Programme Canada – Shell Canada Ltd.
Help us #ProclaimDEAM to show your support for the inclusion of persons with disabilities in the workforce.
Many people with disabilities struggle to find meaningful employment. Through Vecova, Paul connected with an employer who appreciates his abilities and supports his expanding skills base and his desire to contribute.
Initially hired to sweep floors, Paul now runs a drill press and sweeps when the press is slow. He also instituted a new safety measure for his company. Paul is proud of his achievements, his attention to detail and of how little support he requires.
“I really love my job…I feel like I’m doing something valuable and I’m independent and I don’t need too much help.” – Paul, Vecova client
Leah’s Story | Employment and Enterprise – Lives Well Lived
75% of employee hours in 2013 were for persons with disabilities at Vecova Bottle Depot in 2013. How does an inclusive workforce succeed at Vecova?