On Friday, October 25, fifteen teams put their culinary skills to the test at Vecova’s 4th Annual Chili Cook-Off, hosted by the Development team. We were pleased to welcome even more participants to the competition this year, with each team taking their inventive recipes to the next level. Our “expert” taste-testers and judges were treated to creative chili concoctions, awesome decorations, festive costumes and award winning Chili Spirit!
Thank you to all our guests who put their taste buds to the test, tried the chili cooked by our competitors and voted for their favourites. Our volunteers worked hard to help make sure this event ran smoothly and that everyone had a good time – thank you for your hard work and commitment.
A special thank you to our judges, Vecova Board member Michelle McKenna, and chefs Cameron and John from The Lookout at Lynx Ridge, who awarded the following teams with our top competitor prizes:
- 1st Place Judges’ Choice: ChiliconCarnie
- 2nd Place Judges’ Choice: Bakery Boys
- 3rd Place Judges’ Choice: Chili 12
- Most Unique Chili: Cheese Balls
- Chili Spirit: Cheese Balls
- Chili Spirit: Camp Rec – ova
- Best Decorated Table: Ride the Wave with Fred’s California Turkey Chili
- 1st Place Voters’ Choice: Chili Chili Bang Bang!
- 2nd Place Voters’ Choice: ChiliconCarnie
- 3rd Place Voters’ Choice: Willy’s CHILL-i!
Congratulations to all the award recipients!
We are grateful for the contributions from all of our donors who helped make the chili cook-off a successful event, including Calgary Italian Bakery and COBS Bakery in Country Hills, who generously donated buns for our guests and participants to enjoy, Crave Cupcakes for providing delicious sweets, and The Lookout at Lynx Ridge for being our amazing chili sponsor. We truly appreciate your support!