Vecova Privacy Statement
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains the personal data Vecova collects, how Vecova processes it, and for what purposes.
Personal data we collect
Vecova collects information related to its online tools (e.g. websites, apps and software). The analytic information collected is used to operate our business, which includes analyzing our performance, meeting our legal obligations, fundraising, marketing and advertising our programs and services, developing our workforce and conducting research.
Analytic Information collected may include:
- Advanced segments i.e., paid traffic or visits that lead to conversations
- App-specific metrics and dimensions i.e., screen views, app versions and screen size
- Audience data and reporting i.e., the kinds of people who have accessed our online tools, where they come from, how they found our content, and how loyal and engaged they are
- Browser/OS i.e., what people are using to view our online tools
- Flow visualization i.e., the path a visitor takes to access our online tools (where they came from, the pages they moved through, and where they exited our tools)
- Mobile and social media traffic
- Traffic sources i.e., the effectiveness of our referrals, direct traffic, organic (unpaid) search keywords, and custom campaigns
- Universal analytics i.e., how we can connect offline conversions with online activity
We collect personal information online that is submitted to our online tools. This may be collected through:
- Using the various contact features such as: subscribe to or fill-out form functions of our website(s)
- Corresponding via contact for more information i.e., email addresses
- Making a donation
- Registering for a program or service
- Other methods employed through our online tools
Use of monitoring
Vecova servers may place a cookie on a user’s computer hard drive to track the visit to a Vecova website to provide Vecova with information on how to improve its websites. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to the hard drive through the web browser that can only be read by the website that placed the cookie on the hard drive. The cookie acts as an identification card and allows the website to identify and record passwords and preferences.
Canada’s anti-spam legislation
Vecova is committed to reducing the harmful effects of spam and related threats to electronic commerce and are working towards a safer and more secure online marketplace. Canada’s new anti-spam legislation (CASL) helps protect Canadians while ensuring that businesses can continue to compete in the global marketplace. For more information about CASL http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/casl-lcap.htm