Specific skills training and observation offered by Registered Nurses within your organization. Training will be scheduled to accommodate the learner and organization needs. Additional customized training can be developed offered upon request.
Cost: Based on location within Alberta and the number of participants.
Medication Administration Skills:
– Glucometer and Injection Training (for administration of subcutaneous medication)
– Administration of Rectal Medication
– Administration of Vaginal Medication
– Medication Proficiency Assessment Training
– MRSA (Methicillin Resistant Staph Aureus)
– Dysphagia Management
– Menu Planning: Health Eating and Diabetic Diets
– Personal Care Support Training
– Introduction to Aging, Dementia and Care Strategies
Caregiver Health and Safety
– Preventing Workplace Injury (Musculoskeletal Injury, Back Care, Lifting and Transferring Safely)
– Understanding Stress and How to Prevent and Manage It
Customized Courses related to Medication Administration, Client Care or Caregiver Health and Safety can also be developed on a Contract basis.
For more information contact MedAdminTraining@vecova.ca