On Friday, September 28, eight teams put their culinary skills to the test at Vecova’s 3rd Annual Chili Cook-Off, hosted by the Development team. After last year’s creative entries, the teams took their entries and their chili spirit to the next level with special ingredients and themes. Our “expert” taste-testers and judges were treated to unique chili creations and spectacular decorations.
Thank you to all our guests who put their taste buds to the test, tried the chili cooked by our competitors and voted for their favourites. Our volunteers worked hard to help make sure this event ran smoothly and that everyone had a good time – thank you for your hard work and commitment.
A special thank you to our judges, Vecova’s Board member Dave MacKillop, Living Support Services Manager Luke Esau and Larry Saviskoff from CSV Midstream Solutions, who awarded the following teams with our top competitor prizes:
- 1st Place Judges’ Choice: Mamacita’s Chili Dogs
- 2nd Place Judges’ Choice: Carrie Properzi
- 3rd Place Judges’ Choice: Jerrad Carnie
- Most Unique Chili: Mamacita’s Chili Dogs
- Chili Spirit: Spice Chili Girls
- Chili Spirit: Mamacita’s Chili Dogs
- Best Decorated Table: Tower Ghost
- 1st Place Voters’ Choice: Jerrad Carnie
- 2nd Place Voters’ Choice: Mamacita’s Chili Dogs
- 3rd Place Voters’ Choice: Spice Chili Girls
Congratulations to all the award recipients!
We are grateful for the support from all of our donors who helped make the chili cook-off an unforgettable event, especially COBS Bread in Crowfoot, who generously donated buns for our guests and participants to enjoy. We truly appreciate your support!
Thank you to all of our donors, including:
- COBS Bread Crowfoot
- Raw Canvas
- Arcadia Adventures
- The Keg Steakhouse & Bar
- Century Sports
- Roma Catering
- Breathe Parkour
- Safeway Beacon Heights
- The Silk Road Spice Merchant
- Safeway Westbrook
- Earls 16th Ave
- Safeway Downtown
- The Cat ‘N Fiddle Pub
- Poko Popcorn
- The Green Bean Restaurant and Catering
- Laser Quest
- Sunnyside Natural Market
- Brewsters Crowfoot
We can’t wait to see what our teams serve up next year!